Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Read For Summer Week 5

Hey Everybody!



It is time for Week 5 and this week the books are really terrific. http://www.wegivebooks.org/readformysummer. I hope everyone else has been enjoying them as much as I have. There are all kinds of fun activities too. My camera is still iffy so once again I have to do this without video but I am saving up to fix that.

The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter: Ages 0-3
Score 4/5

This book is about a rabbit named Peter and his adventures one day in a garden that is close by. His mom told him to stay away from there but he was naughty and had all kinds of trouble.

How I rated it:
Readability: I really liked reading this story.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: I think this book is more for the 4-7 age group. It is a story with a lot of details that really little kids might not follow.
Score-0

Artwork: I really liked the artwork. It has a classic look that really makes the pages fun to look at.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: It will hold interest because Peter gets into a bunch of adventures.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I liked it very much. It was a great story and it had a great lesson.
Score- 1


Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans: Ages 4-7
Score 4/5

This book is about a little girl and her friends in Paris. They visit all kinds of places and have fun, in Paris, and then she gets sick and has to go to the hospital, but she has fun there too.

How I rated it:
Readability: It had a lot of sentences that finished on the next page and that made it hard for me to read
Score-0

Age Appropriate?: I think kids of this age will really like the book.
Score-1

Artwork: The illustrations are fun. I loved all the yellow and how there 12 of everything.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: Even though I thought it could be easier to read, I kept turning the page to see where the girls went next.
Score-1

Did I Like It?:  I liked it very much. I enjoyed the story but I really liked at the end how it told about the real places the were in the story, like the Eiffel Tower
Score- 1


Wagon Train Adventure by Katie Simkins: Ages 8-10
Score 5/5


This book was about a girl named Sarah who went West with her family in the 1850's. Her mom gets sick and her dad dies and they deal with robbers and Indians and mean relatives along the way to California.

How I rated it:
Readability: It is a graphic novel and is set up like my comic books. I found it easy to follow along.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: I think so. Last year we did a play in school about the gold rush and a lot of the things we learned about were in this story.
Score-1

Artwork: I like comic book art because it tells the story without words.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: Lots of stuff happened in the story and it was really interesting.
Score-1

Did I Like It?:  I liked it a lot. I also liked the glossary at the end.
Score- 1

This is my daddy and and my aunt reading together


You can click here to see the rubric I use to rate each book. Hope you enjoyed reading this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site