Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Read For My Summer Week Six

Hey Everyone!




Here are my reviews for Week Six of We Give Books Read for My Summer. http://www.wegivebooks.org/readformysummer The books were great this week and there were some great games to play especially for younger kids.


Max's ABC's by Mary Wells: Ages 0-3
Score 5/5

Max and his sister Ruby have an adventure with the ants from Max's ant farm

How I rated it:
Readability: All the ABC words were fun on each page.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: This is a great book for really little kids. I used to watch Max and Ruby when I was little and I would have loved this book.
Score- 1

Artwork: The pictures were all really fun.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: Kids love learning the alphabet so I think they will want to keep reading this book.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I liked it very much. My very first book wasa book by Mary Wells. I like her books.
Score- 1









Llama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney: Ages 4-7
Score 5/5

Llama Llama goes to school for the first time and it is hard for him because he misses his mama.


How I rated it:
Readability: Llama Llama stories are always really fun to read.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: When I was that age being at school without my mom was scary so I think it is right for kids that age.
Score-1

Artwork: I really like the illustrations. All the animals were fun to look at.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: I think it will hold interest well. Most kids understand how Llama feels.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I always like Llama Llama books.
 Score- 1




Amber Brown is Not a Crayon by Paula Danziger: Ages 8-10
Score 5/5

 In this book Amber Brown's best friend Justin is moving to another state and they are really sad.

How I rated it:
Readability: I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a lot of words on each page though. Most kids might like that but it was a lot for me.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: I think that most kids this age would enjoy reading about Amber and her friends.
Score-1

Artwork: The illustrations are all pencil sketches. They are kind of simple but really fun and fit the story very well.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: It was a great story. I really wanted to see how Amber and Justin fixed things, so I think it would hold interest for most kids.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I really liked Amber's teacher. I think it would be to visit other countries like they did or to do other things like that. It was a fun story.
Score- 1






That is all for Week 6, all the books this week got a 5 out of 5. You can click here to see the rubric I use to rate each book. Hope you enjoyed reading this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site