Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Read For My Summer Week 7 Reviews

Hey Everyone!





Here are my reviews for Week Seven of We Give Books Read for My Summer. http://www.wegivebooks.org/readformysummer As always, the books were awesome. I also enjoyed the activities.



Don't Worry Bear by Greg Foley: Ages 0-3
Score 5/5

Bear's friend Caterpillar makes a cocoon and goes into it and Bear worries about his friend and wonders if he will ever see him again.

How I rated it:
Readability: The story is easy for little kids to follow.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: I think little kids will really like Bear and his friend.
Score- 1

Artwork: The art is really simple and easy to understand.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: I think the reader will be worried about Caterpillar too and want to see what happens.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I very much liked reading this story.
Score- 1






Henry's Amazing Imagination by Nancy Carlson: Ages 4-7
Score 5/5

Henry has big stories in his imagination and so his teacher convinces him to write down his stories and he shares them with his friends.


How I rated it:
Readability: This story was really easy to read. Just a sentence on each page. Great for new readers.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: This is great for kids this age. They still use their imaginations to play.
Score-1

Artwork: The artwork is amazing. The pictures are so bold and the colors are really vivid. They really tell the story.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: It takes so much time to pick everything in just the art that this book hold interest for a long time.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: I really loved this book!
 Score- 1





Ape Adventures by Catherine Chambers: Ages 8-10
Score 5/5

This book is about different people, in different places, that have studied and helped apes over the years.

How I rated it:
Readability: I scored this but I don't really like how they make stories out of real events. I would have liked it more if it were more like history than a story.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: My friends would like this, I think.
Score-1

Artwork: There were lots of great photos with good captions to help follow along the story.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: It has lots of interesting facts and new ideas, so I think it it will hold interest.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: There were a lot if fun things to learn in this book. I liked reading it.
Score- 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site