Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Read For My Summer: Week 4

Hey Viewers!



I am still having technical problems, my video camera doesn't have sound, actually it has too much sound. Mom says she might be able to get the back up flip cam working but it is a back up for a good reason. I will happy with anything I can get. In the meantime here is my reviews for Week Four of We Give Books Read for My Summer. http://www.wegivebooks.org/readformysummer. The books were great this week and I had real fun doing the activities (more fun than reading). I am hoping to have video again next week.

I Knew You Could By Craig Dorfman: Ages 0-3
Score 4/5

This story is about how we all have choices to make and no one can really tell us what we have to do, we have to figure it and work hard to do what we need to but still have fun too.

How I rated it:
Readability: It has a Dr. Seuss feel to it that made it fun to read
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: It is a really terrific story but I think it is better for the 4-7 kids. They are the ones who need to be told how great they are.
Score-0

Artwork: I really liked the artwork. It was colorful and supported the story well.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: I think it will hold interest because it has a fun rhythm to it and trains are fun for little kids.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: Yes. I liked it very much. I thought it said important things.
Score- 1


Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones by Judy Schachner: Ages 4-7
Score 5/5

Skippyjon pretends that he visits prehistoric times and plays with dinosaurs and chihuahuas.


How I rated it:
Readability: I had fun reading this story.
Score-1

Age Appropriate?: I think this is a great story for this age group. Skippyjon has a great time pretending
Score-1

Artwork: The artwork was terrific. You could really see that he was playing pretend. I also liked how the text was different, like it was part of the art.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: Yes. I liked it. I thought he was wrong for stealing, but it was a fun story.
 Score- 1



DK Readers: Dinosaur Detectives by Peter Chrisp: Ages 8-10
Score 4/5

This reader tells about the first people to look for dinosaur fossils and try to imagine what they were like.


How I rated it:
Readability: This is an iffy score. I think that it reads okay but it is confusing for me to go back and forth from story to first person telling.
Score-0

Age Appropriate?: This is definitely good for 8-10 year olds. It has lots of facts and and fun side bars.
Score-1

Artwork: The artwork was great. I like the mix of drawings and photographs. It really added to the text.
Score-1

Will it Hold Interest?: There were lots of interesting things to pay attention to so I scored it a 1.
Score-1

Did I Like It?: Yes. I did like it. I did not like switching back and forth from someone else telling the story the person it was about talking but I really all the terrific things I learned.
Score- 1


That is all for Week 4. I hope you are enjoying Read For My Summer as much as I am!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site