Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr.Seuss

Today we celebrated the coolest author ever, Dr. Seuss, or actually Ted Geisel. Here is a good page to learn more about him.

Theodor Seuss Geisel - "Dr. Seuss" Biography


My favorite books are the normal books like "The Eye Book," but my mom read "The Sleep Book" to me a lot when I was really little. My favorite story is "Green Eggs and Ham." My mom reads it with me using funny voices. We giggle a lot when we read it. What I like best about it is that mom says her mom read it to her when she was little using the same kind of voices. Every night before we go to sleep we say, "Good night, sleep tight. Don't let the zipperopperzuzus bite." It's how my grandmother tucked Mom in when she was little. It sounds a like a Dr. Seuss creature. 

I really like green eggs and ham. We celebrated today by having that for breakfast. We even had green butter for the toast. It doesn't look very good here but it was really delicious.







I got mom to read the story with me. It was lots of fun. I can't get the video to load here but this is the link. I even made the video almost by myself. That is the best part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site